Tucker in DeKalb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Garrard & Lightburn to Stone Mountain
Pursuant to plan, Logan’s 15th A.C. was posted at Browning’s Courthouse (Tucker) as support to Garrard’s cav. in its move on the R.R. between Stone Mountain and Decatur.
Lightburn’s brigade, of Logan’s corps, moved on this road with Garrard’s cav., July 18, 1864, to Stone Mountain – their progress resisted & impeded by Wheeler’s Cavalry (CS) all the way.
Erected 1984 by Georgia Historic Marker. (Marker Number 044-15.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical month for this entry is July 1815.
Location. 33° 50.982′ N, 84° 13.087′ W. Marker is in Tucker, Georgia, in DeKalb County. Marker is at the intersection of Fellowship Road (State Road 8) and Lawrenceville Highway (U.S. 29), on the right Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Tucker GA 30084, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Browning's Court House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Logan’s Corps Moves to Henderson’s Mill (approx. 0.6 miles away); Site: Henderson’s Mill (approx. 2.1 miles away); Logan’s 15th Corps & Garrard’s Cavalry (approx. 2.2 miles away); The March to Decatur (approx. 2.3 miles away); Logan's 15th & Blair's 17th A.C. to Decatur (approx. 2.3 miles away); Federal Left Wing to Decatur (approx. 2.7 miles away); Dodge's & Blair's Columns Separate (approx. 3.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tucker.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 8, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 4, 2008, by Felch Dumas of Decatur, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,441 times since then and 47 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 4, 2008, by Felch Dumas of Decatur, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.