Windsor in Hartford County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
Horace H. Hayden, M.D.,D.D.S.
Horace Hayden M.D., D.D.S.
“The Father of the Dental Profession"
Born in Windsor October 13, 1769
Died in Baltimore January 26, 1844
Architect Geologist Teacher
Soldier And Acting Surgeon in the
War of 1812 – 1814
Associated as Founder With
Chapin A. Harris, M.D., D.D.S.
And Was First President and Professor
Of the Principles of Dental Science in
The Baltimore College of Dental Surgery
The First Dental College in the World
1840 – 1844
Founder and First President of
The American Society of Dental Surgeons
1840 – 1844
The Hartford Dental Society
Erected by The Hartford Dental Society. (Marker Number 1907.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Science & Medicine.
Location. 41° 51.462′ N, 72° 38.176′ W. Marker is in Windsor, Connecticut, in Hartford County. Marker is at the intersection of North Meadow Road and Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Windsor CT 06095, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Major John Mason (within shouting distance of this marker); Founders Of Windsor (within shouting distance of this marker); Windsor Train Station (approx. half a mile away); Windsor Freight House (approx. half a mile away); Gold Star Casualties of World War II (approx. half a mile away); Windsor World War I Monument (approx. 0.6 miles away); Windsor (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Warham Mill (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Windsor.
Also see . . . Horace H. Hayden on Wikipedia. (Submitted on November 13, 2016, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 13, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 13, 2016, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 182 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 13, 2016, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.