Grand Rapids in Kent County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Ladies Literary Club
Erected 1983 by Michigan History Division, Department of State. (Marker Number L120.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Arts, Letters, Music • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Women. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1870.
Location. 42° 57.684′ N, 85° 40.009′ W. Marker is in Grand Rapids, Michigan, in Kent County. Marker is on Sheldon Street SE. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 61 Sheldon Street SE, Grand Rapids MI 49503, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking Kent County Civil War Monument & Fountain (approx. 0.2 miles away); Grand Rapids Veterans Memorial and Honor Roll (approx. 0.2 miles away); First (Park) Congregational Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Cecilia Music Society (approx. 0.2 miles away); Bishop Frederic Baraga (approx. ¼ mile away); Paul Steketee & Sons (approx. ¼ mile away); Fountain Street Baptist Church / Fountain Street Church (approx. ¼ mile away); McCabe-Marlowe House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Grand Rapids.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 26, 2018. It was originally submitted on November 26, 2016, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 231 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 26, 2016, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.