Fremont in Alameda County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Leland Stanford Winery
Erected 1958 by California State Park Commission and Weibel Inc,. (Marker Number 642.)
Location. Marker is missing. It was located near 37° 30.214′ N, 121° 54.708′ W. Marker was in Fremont, California, in Alameda County. Marker was on Stanford Avenue near Vineyard Avenue, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker was at or near this postal address: 1544 Stanford Avenue, Fremont CA 94539, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Ehrman General Store (approx. 2.1 miles away); Washington Hotel (approx. 2.1 miles away); World War II War Memorial (approx. 2.1 miles away); De Anza Expedition 1775 - 1776 (approx. 2.1 miles away); Mission San Josť Mormon Pioneers / Mormon Pioneer Adobes (approx. 5 miles away); The Chadbourne Carriage House (approx. 5 miles away); Sunol Water Temple (approx. 5.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fremont.
More about this marker. This site was designated as California Registered Historical Landmark No.642 on April 28, 1958.
Regarding Leland Stanford Winery. The building is now closed and vineyards are no longer there. The area is now surrounded by modern urban development.
Also see . . . A Waymarking Post. This posting has photos of the marker prior to going missing. (Submitted on January 20, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.)
Categories. • Agriculture • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 26, 2018. This page originally submitted on January 20, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 1,949 times since then and 39 times this year. Last updated on December 20, 2016, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 20, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.