Glenville in Schenectady County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of a Tavern
Site Of A Tavern
Kept By Nicholas S. Van
Patten. First Glenville
Town Meeting Held Here
Jan. 2, 1821
Erected by New York.
Location. 42° 51.62′ N, 73° 58.879′ W. Marker is in Glenville, New York, in Schenectady County. Marker is at the intersection of Sacandaga Road (New York State Route 147) and Ridge Road (County Route 49), on the right when traveling south on Sacandaga Road. Touch for map. Marker is between the Stewart's shop and the roadway. Marker is at or near this postal address: 571 Sacnadaga Road, Schenectady NY 12302, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Beukendaal. 1748 (approx. half a mile away); The Beukendaal Battle (approx. half a mile away); Sacandaga Road (approx. half a mile away); Maalwyck (approx. 2.1 miles away); Robert Allen Deitcher (approx. 2.4 miles away); Jan Mabee House (approx. 2.6 miles away); Jan Mabie House, 1670 (approx. 2.6 miles away); Enlarged Lock 23 (approx. 2.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Glenville.
Regarding Site of a Tavern. Nicholas S. Van Patten/Van Petten
"The first Glenville Town Board meeting was held at the tavern of Nicholas S. Van Patten on the first Tuesday of January 1821. This inn, known as "Lower Nicky's" was located on the corner of Sacandaga and Ridge Roads. At this meeting town officers were chosen. The only other business conducted at the organizational meeting was the appointment of an overseer for each of the 30 highway districts into which the town was divided."
Also see . . . Nicholas Simon Van Petten. (Submitted on July 3, 2017, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
Additional keywords. Van Patten / Van Petten
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Politics • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 4, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 3, 2017, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 85 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 3, 2017, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.