Pelican in De Soto Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
April 7, 1864
—Wilson's Farm —
Erected by the State of Louisiana.
Location. 31° 51.667′ N, 93° 33.391′ W. Marker is in Pelican, Louisiana, in De Soto Parish. Marker is on Louisiana Route 175 north of Anderson Lane, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pelican LA 71063, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Army of the Tennessee (approx. 1.7 miles away); Dog Trot House (approx. 2.2 miles away); Confederate and Union Soldier Memorial (approx. 2.6 miles away); Road to Cemetery (approx. 2.6 miles away); Headquarters Department of the Gulf / Headquarters Trans-Mississippi Dept. Pleasant Hill Battlefield (approx. 2.6 miles away); Old Pleasant Hill (approx. 2.6 miles away); Stage Coach Station (approx. 2.6 miles away).
Also see . . . Wikipedia article on the Battle of Pleasant Hill. (Submitted on July 11, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • War, US Civil • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 11, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 11, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 108 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 11, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.