Near Throckmorton in Throckmorton County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of the Principal Village of the Comanche Indian Reserve
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 992.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 33° 1.427′ N, 99° 15.037′ W. Marker is near Throckmorton, Texas, in Throckmorton County. Marker is on County Road 292 2.9 miles south of Farm to Market Road 2584, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Throckmorton TX 76483, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Black Cemetery (approx. 6.3 miles away); The Mackenzie Trail (approx. 6.3 miles away); Fort Griffin Lodge Hall (approx. 6.3 miles away); Fort Griffin Civil Jail (approx. 6.4 miles away); The Western Cattle Trail Crossings at Fort Griffin (approx. 6˝ miles away); Frontier Town of Fort Griffin (approx. 6˝ miles away); Fort Griffin (approx. 6.8 miles away); Russell Young Gilbert (approx. 6.9 miles away).
Also see . . . Comanche Indian Reservation. From the Texas (Submitted on July 11, 2017.)
Categories. • Native Americans • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 11, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 11, 2017, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 82 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 11, 2017, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.