Marker Number One
The mound is 70 feet in height; 877 feet in circumference at the base; covers approximately one and one- half acres; and is estimated to contain 54,000 cubic yards of earth.
The land included in this state monument was donated to the Ohio Archaeological and Historical Society by Charles Franklin Kettering of Dayton, Ohio.
This glacial boulder was moved from the farm upon which Mr. Kettering was born, near Loudenville, Ashland County, Ohio.
Erected by the Ohio State Archaeological and Historical Society, Columbus, Ohio* 1935.
Location. 39° 37.631′ N, 84° 16.852′ W. Marker is in Miamisburg, Ohio, in Montgomery County. Marker is at the intersection of Mound Rd and Enterprise Ct., on the left when traveling south on Mound Rd. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 695 Mound Rd, Miamisburg OH 45342, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Miamisburg Mound (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of Mound Laboratory (1946- 2003)
Categories. • Anthropology • Architecture • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Paleontology •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 21, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 20, 2017, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 87 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 20, 2017, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.