Warren in Macomb County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Red Run Creek
Only 10 miles from French Fort Detroit (1701), it took 100 years before settlers reached Warren. The Red Run Creek, a branch of the Clinton River was the means that the early pioneers followed by canoe.
The Red Run provided the pathway that the Moravian Trail (a 23 1/2 mile wagon road built in 1785 by the Moravian missionaries and local indians) followed to reach the interior to settle and homestead.
At the time, this territory was nothing but a marsh and the Red Run Creek and other similar waterways provided the drain outlets to dry the land and open the area for forestry and farming.
Erected 2000 by Warren Village Historic District Commission.
Location. 42° 31.719′ N, 83° 2.839′ W. Marker is in Warren, Michigan, in Macomb County. Marker is on Mound Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is about 265 feet north of Chicago Road. Marker is at or near this postal address: 31936 Mound Road, Warren MI 48092, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Red Run Creek (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Murthum-Vander Vlucht House (about 600 feet away); The Hoard House The Wilson-Bosh Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Joiner House 1895 (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Flynn House (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Paul United Church of Christ (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Baptist Church of Warren (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Warren.
1. An identical marker
can be found on the west side of Mound Road, and nearly identical markers are on both the west and east sides of Van Dyke.
— Submitted July 25, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 25, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 25, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 72 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 25, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.