Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Atlanta in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Historic Site

 
 
Historic Site Marker image. Click for full size.
By Paul Fehrenbach
1. Historic Site Marker
Inscription. The Sisters of Mercy founded Atlanta's first hospital on this site in 1880.

Saint Joseph's Hospital occupied this location until 1978, when it moved to 5665 Peachtree-Dunwoody Road.
 
Location. 33° 45.662′ N, 84° 23.057′ W. Marker is in Atlanta, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of Courtland Street NE and John Portman Boulevard NE, on the right when traveling south on Courtland Street NE. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Atlanta GA 30303, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Saint Joseph's (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Winecoff Fire (approx. 0.3 miles away); Saint Luke’s Episcopal Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Dr. John S. Pemberton (approx. half a mile away); Baltimore Block (approx. half a mile away); Thrasherville (approx. half a mile away); 1998 Shining Light Award (approx. 0.6 miles away); Freedom Park (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Atlanta.
 
Categories. Charity & Public WorkScience & Medicine
 
Historic Site Marker image. Click for full size.
By Paul Fehrenbach, October 26, 2016
2. Historic Site Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on August 10, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 10, 2017, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 154 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 10, 2017, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement