Colón in Municipality of Colón, Querétaro, Mexico — The Central Highlands
The Parish of San Francisco
—Ruta Cristera —
En el año de 1700 comienza la construcción del Templo
de San Francisco de Asís, concluido después de 1709.
En 1756, se erigió como Parroquia, siendo su primer
párroco el Padre José Diana. El portal y la torrecita
del reloj fueron construidos para conmemorar
el primer centenario de la Independencia, en el año 1910.
In 1700 construction began on this Temple of San Francisco of Assisi. It was completed after 1709. In 1756 it was elevated to the status of Parish and its first priest was Father José Diana. The portal and small clock tower were constructed in order to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Independence in 1910.
Erected by Municipio de Colón, Presidencia Municipal 2012-2015.
Location. 20° 47.225′ N, 100° 2.763′ W. Marker is in Colón, Querétaro, in Municipality of Colón. Marker is at the intersection of Calle Coahuila and Calle Del Río, on the right when traveling north on Calle Coahuila. Touch for map. The marker is mounted to a wall close to the intersection of Calles Coahuila and Del Río, some meters west
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Temple of San Francisco de Asís (a few steps from this marker); "La Purísima" (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Monument to the Mexican Revolution (about 120 meters away); "La Gaviota" (about 120 meters away); The House of Amado de la Mota (about 150 meters away); Vero's Handicrafts (about 150 meters away); Norberto García de la Vega (about 150 meters away); The Landaverde House (about 180 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Colón.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Wars, Non-US •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 11, 2017. This page originally submitted on September 11, 2017, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 76 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 11, 2017, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.