Horseshoe Barn Annex
Constructed on-site: 1957
The Museum's collection of 19th- and early 20th-century horse-drawn vehicles was initially displayed in Horseshoe Barn. With the addition of more than 150 wagons, sleighs, coaches, and fire equipment, the collection outgrew its original home. The Horseshoe Barn Annex, constructed to accommodate the acquisitions, is a combination of new materials and old timber salvaged from early agricultural buildings.
The Horseshoe Barn Annex exhibits stagecoaches, farm and trade vehicles, and a Conestoga wagon.
Erected by the Shelburne Museum.
Location. 44° 22.672′ N, 73° 13.87′ W. Marker is in Shelburne, Vermont, in Chittenden County. Marker and building are on the Shelburne Museum grounds. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6000 Shelburne Road (US Hwy 7), Shelburne VT 05482, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ron Stowell (a few steps from this marker); Horseshoe Barn (a few steps from this marker); Danby Water Fountain, Before 1911 (within shouting
Also see . . . Horseshoe Barn and Annex at the Shelburne Museum. (Submitted on October 25, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Horseshoe Barn Annex.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 25, 2017. This page originally submitted on October 25, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 71 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 25, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.