Darrow in Ascension Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Houmas Indian land grant sold to Conway and Latil in 1774. Sold to Revolutionary War hero Wade Hampton 1811. Greek revival mansion built by John Smith Preston in 1840. Restored by Dr. George Crozat in 1940.
Erected 1973 by Louisiana Tourist Development Commission.
Location. 30° 8.421′ N, 90° 56.063′ W. Marker is in Darrow, Louisiana, in Ascension Parish. Marker can be reached from River Road (State Highway 942) one mile north of State Highway 44, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 40136 LA-942, Darrow LA 70725, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bocage Plantation (approx. 1.7 miles away); Tezcuco Plantation (approx. 2.2 miles away); Ascension Catholic Church (approx. 3.8 miles away); Dedicated to the Memory Of (approx. 4 miles away); Bayou Lafourche (approx. 4.1 miles away); Walter Lemann, Sr. Pumping Station (approx. 4.1 miles away); St. Mary's Chapel (approx. 4.1 miles away); Fort Butler UDC Monument (approx. 4.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Darrow.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Native Americans • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 28, 2018. This page originally submitted on November 6, 2017, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 112 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on November 6, 2017. 2, 3. submitted on July 28, 2018.