Fairfax Station in Fairfax County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
In this Church of St. Mary’s
August 31 – September 1, 1862
American Red Cross
Clara H. Barton
nursed the wounded and dying
soldiers from the Second Battle
of Manassas and the
engagement near Chantilly
Location. 38° 48.166′ N, 77° 19.597′ W. Marker is in Fairfax Station, Virginia, in Fairfax County. Marker can be reached from Fairfax Station Road west of Ox Road (Virginia Route 123), on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is by the front door of Ste Marie Chapel. Marker is in this post office area: Fairfax Station VA 22039, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Mary’s Catholic Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Skirmish at St. Mary’s (within shouting distance of this marker); Clara H. Barton (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fairfax Station (approx. 0.3 miles away); a different marker also named Fairfax Station (approx. 0.3 miles away); Payne’s Church (approx. half a mile away); Fairfax Nike Missile Site (approx. 1.4 miles away); David R. Pinn Community Center (approx. 1½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fairfax Station.
Also see . . . St. Mary's Church, Fairfax Station. (Submitted on November 18, 2017, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.)
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Churches & Religion • War, US Civil • Women •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 21, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 18, 2017, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 54 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on November 18, 2017, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.