Near San Gregorio in San Mateo County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 1949 by California Centennials Commission in cooperation with the County Board of Supervisors and the San Mateo County Historical Association (October 16, 1949). (Marker Number 26.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Gaspar de Portolá Expedition marker series.
Location. Marker is missing. It was located near 37° 19.366′ N, 122° 24.06′ W. Marker was near San Gregorio, California, in San Mateo County. Marker was on Cabrillo Highway (State Highway 1). Touch for map. Marker base is located at the entrance to San Gregorio State Beach, 10.8 miles south of Half Moon Bay and .1 mile south of the Highway 84 Intersection. Marker was in this post office area: San Gregorio CA 94074, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. San Gregorio House (approx. 0.8 miles away); First Congregational Church of Pescadero Duarte's Tavern (approx. 5 miles away); Methodist Episcopal Church of Pescadero (approx. 5.1 miles away); a different marker also named Methodist Episcopal Church of Pescadero (approx. 5.1 miles away); Apple Jack's Inn (approx. 7 miles away); In Memoriam The Aircraft "Resolution" (approx. 7.3 miles away); The James Johnston House (approx. 9 miles away).
More about this marker. This site is a California Registered Historical Landmark (No. 26).
Also see . . . San Diego History Caspar de Portola. (Submitted on September 3, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.)
Categories. • Exploration • Landmarks • Notable Events • Notable Persons • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 3, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 1,827 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 3, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. 4. submitted on January 8, 2009, by John Vonderlin of Santa Clara, California. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.