College Park in Prince George's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Old Parish House
City of College Park
Built in 1817, the Old Parish House originally served the Calvert Mansion as a dairy barn and is one of only two surviving outbuildings from the Riversdale Estate. It is one-story high with a gable roof, segmentally arched windows and side walls supported by brick buttresses. From 1894 to 1930, the building housed the congregation of St. Andrew's Episcopal Church and once a new church was constructed, became its parish house. After 1957, the building was the headquarters of the College Park Woman's Club until the City of College Park became owner in 1998. It is now used as a public meeting place and rented for special events.
Erected by Anacostia Trails Heritage Area.
Location. 38° 58.757′ N, 76° 55.862′ W. Marker is in College Park, Maryland, in Prince George's County. Marker is on Knox Road west of Dartmouth Avenue, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4711 Knox Road, College Park MD 20740, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. McDonnell House (a few steps from this marker); Trolley Trail (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cory House (about 500 feet away); Taliaferro House (about 600 feet away); Harrison Store/Trolley Stop Sweet Shop (about 600 feet away); City of College Park (about 700 feet away); Holbrook House (about 800 feet away); Army Aviation School (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in College Park.
Categories. • Agriculture • Churches & Religion • Women •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 19, 2018. This page originally submitted on March 16, 2018, by Devry Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 76 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 16, 2018, by Devry Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.