Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Guadalajara in Municipality of Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico — The Pacific Coast (and Central Highlands)
 

The Episcopal Palace and City Council

 
 
The Episcopal Palace and City Council Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, April 6, 2018
1. The Episcopal Palace and City Council Marker
Inscription.  
Aquí estuvo el Palacio Episcopal, mismo que ocupó el H. Ayuntamiento en su cuarto asiento y tercer cambio, del 15 de septiembre de 1915 al mes de agosto de 1948

Instituto Jalisciense de Antropologia e Historia
H. Ayuntamiento 1968-1970 I.N.A.H.


English translation:
Here was the Episcopal Palace, the same that was later occupied by the Honorable City Council in its fourth establishment and third change of location, from September 15, 1915 to August 1948.

Jalisco Institute of Anthropology and History
Honorable City Council of 1968-1969 INAH

 
Erected 1968 by Instituto Jalisciense de Antropologia e Historia, Honorable Ayuntamiento 1968-1970, INAH.
 
Location. 20° 40.672′ N, 103° 20.859′ W. Marker is in Guadalajara, Jalisco, in Municipality of Guadalajara. Marker is on Avenida Fray Antonio Alcalde just south of Calle Independencia, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. The marker is attached to the eastern face of
The Episcopal Palace and City Council and Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, April 6, 2018
2. The Episcopal Palace and City Council and Marker
The marker can be seen here to the right along the corridor.
the building along an open corridor. The building is currently the Municipal Government Headquarters for Guadalajara. Marker is in this post office area: Guadalajara, Jalisco 44100, Mexico.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption (within shouting distance of this marker); Rotunda of Jalisco’s Illustrious (within shouting distance of this marker); Calle de la Soledad (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); The New Cathedral of Guadalajara (about 90 meters away); Regional Museum of Guadalajara (about 120 meters away); The Street of Royal Tobacco Shops (about 120 meters away); Plaza of the Constitution (about 180 meters away); Miguel Higaldo's Edict Against Slavery (about 210 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Guadalajara.
 
Categories. Churches & ReligionColonial EraMan-Made FeaturesPolitics
 
The Municipal Building of Guadalajara (El Palacio Municipal) image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, April 7, 2018
3. The Municipal Building of Guadalajara (El Palacio Municipal)
The marker is along the corridor to the right (east) in this view of the Municipal Building.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on August 12, 2018. This page originally submitted on April 29, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 50 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on April 29, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.   3. submitted on May 4, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.
Paid Advertisement