Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Guadalajara in Municipality of Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico — The Pacific Coast (and Central Highlands)
 

Regional Museum of Guadalajara

 
 
Regional Museum of Guadalajara Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, April 6, 2018
1. Regional Museum of Guadalajara Marker
Inscription.
Museo Regional de Guadalajara
Este inmueble de arquitectura barroca se inauguró en 1758 como un seminario, en la Guerra de Independencia fue un cuartel militar y a principios del siglo XX se convirtió en museo. Sus piezas abarcan la arqueología, la historia y el arte regional, siendo la más importante el Mamut de Catarina.

English:
Regional Museum of Guadalajara
This Baroque building was first opened in 1758 as a seminary. During the Independence War it served as military quarters, and in the early 20th century it became a museum. The artwork pieces it shows include archeology, history and regional art. The museum’s most impressive display is the famous Mammoth from Catarina.
 
Erected by Gobierno del Estado de Jalisco.
 
Location. 20° 40.668′ N, 103° 20.794′ W. Marker is in Guadalajara, Jalisco, in Municipality of Guadalajara. Marker is on Calle Liceo just north of Avenida Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Calle Liceo 60, Guadalajara, Jalisco 44100, Mexico.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Street of Royal Tobacco Shops (within shouting distance of this marker); Rotunda of Jalisco’s Illustrious
Regional Museum of Guadalajara Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, April 6, 2018
2. Regional Museum of Guadalajara Marker
The marker is to the left of the entrance to the Regional Museum. Note the additional markers to the right of the featured marker.
(within shouting distance of this marker); The New Cathedral of Guadalajara (within shouting distance of this marker); Calle de la Soledad (within shouting distance of this marker); Monument to Hidalgo (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Miguel Higaldo's Edict Against Slavery (about 90 meters away); The Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption (about 90 meters away); The Episcopal Palace and City Council (about 120 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Guadalajara.
 
Categories. ArchitectureColonial EraMan-Made Features
 
Additional markers on the Regional Museum of Guadalajara image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, April 6, 2018
3. Additional markers on the Regional Museum of Guadalajara

Este Museo
se inauguró
el 10 de noviembre de
1918.
Dependencia de la Insp. Gral. de
Monumentos Artísticos e Históricos


INAH
Centro INAH Jalisco
Museo Regional de Guadalajara

En este edificio se fundó el
“Liceo de Varones”
(1892-1904)
Hoy Benemérita y Centenaria
Escuela Normal de Jalisco
(1892-1992)
Guadalajara, nov. 02, 92

English translation:
This Museum was inaugurated on November 10, 1918.
Dependency of the Inspector General of Artistic and Historic Monuments

INAH
INAH Central Jalisco
Regional Museum of Guadalajara

In this building was founded the "Lyceum for Young Men"
(1892-1904)
Today the Most Worthy and Centenary
Normal School of Jalisco
(1892-1992)
Guadalajara, November 2, 1992
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on April 30, 2018. This page originally submitted on April 30, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 50 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on April 30, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.
Paid Advertisement