Near Jeffersonville in Twiggs County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
For a number of recent years this mill has been used only for grinding corn.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 143-4.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 47.69′ N, 83° 22.35′ W. Marker is near Jeffersonville, Georgia, in Twiggs County. Marker is on Myricks Mill Road 0.2 miles south of Hammock Road/Fountain Road, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. The marker is located at Liberty Hill Church. Marker is in this post office area: Jeffersonville GA 31044, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ramah Church (approx. 4.8 miles away); The Stoneman Raid (approx. 6.4 miles away); The Evacuation of Gordon (approx. 6.4 miles away); In Memory of J. Rufus Kelly (approx. 6.4 miles away); The March to the Sea (approx. 6.4 miles away); He Wouldn't Run (approx. 6.4 miles away); Gordon (approx. 6.4 miles away); Battle of Griswoldville: (approx. 7.2 miles away).
Regarding Myricks Mill. The old mill no longer stands, although some of the large timbers from its foundation are still visible at the mill pond.
Categories. • Agriculture • Antebellum South, US • Industry & Commerce • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 5, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,495 times since then and 38 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on October 5, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?