Charlotte in Eaton County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Joseph & Mary Hall House
Local builder Nathan Johnson built this house around 1845 for Charlotte's first physician, Joseph P. Hall, and his wife, Mary. The house was moved from the business district to this site in 1868. Many professionals lived here, including veterinarians Betty Wright Rann and her husband, Richard, who built a clinic at the rear of the house in 1950. Betty Rann was one of he nation's first female licensed large-animal veterinarians.
Erected 2000 by Michigan Historical Center, Michigan Department of State. (Marker Number L2076.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Michigan Historical Commission marker series.
Location. 42° 33.906′ N, 84° 50.362′ W. Marker is in Charlotte, Michigan, in Eaton County. Marker is at the intersection of West Harris Avenue and North Clinton Street, on the right when traveling west on West Harris Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 320 West Harris Avenue, Charlotte MI 48813, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Congregational Church of Charlotte (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Eaton County / Eaton County Courthouse Square (approx. Lawrence Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. ¼ mile away); 1845 Eaton County Courthouse (approx. 1.4 miles away); History of the Bennett Park Dam (approx. 1.4 miles away); Luren D. Dickinson / The "Country Capitol" (approx. 2½ miles away); Center Eaton United Methodist Church (approx. 3.1 miles away); The Potterville United Methodist Church (approx. 6½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Charlotte.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 8, 2018. This page originally submitted on November 8, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 44 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 8, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.