West Hollywood in Los Angeles County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Part of lands occupied by Señora Francisca Perez under preemption law as early as 1869.
Surveyed in 1871 as public lands.
Deeded by Señora Perez to Eugene R. Plummer in 1877.
U.S. patent issued 1880.
Purchased by County of Los Angeles in 1937.
Erected 1946 by Native Daughters of the Golden West.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 34° 5.563′ N, 118° 21.073′ W. Marker is in West Hollywood, California, in Los Angeles County. Marker can be reached from Santa Monica Boulevard east of Vista Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Los Angeles CA 90046, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Award of Excellence KTLA-TV (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Hollywood Reporter (approx. 0.8 miles away); Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel (approx. 0.8 miles away); Chinese Heaven Dogs (approx. 0.9 miles away); El Capitan Theatre The Magic Castle (approx. one mile away); The Pig ‘n Whistle (approx. one mile away); United Methodist Church (approx. 1.1 miles away).
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. — Plummer House, originally located here.
Categories. • Hispanic Americans • Parks & Recreational Areas •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 13, 2019. This page originally submitted on June 13, 2019, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. This page has been viewed 99 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 13, 2019, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. 5. submitted on June 13, 2019. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.