Hebron in Licking County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Hebron Milling Company
Mr. William Bebout built the building and operated it as a flour and saw mill. Mr. Bebout took young Davie Geiger in as a partner in 1891. He was with the mill over 50 years.
In 1924, Albert Voorhees, son-in-law, came into the business and became owner when Mr. Geiger died in 1943. At that time, Ralph Voorhees, brother of Bert, came into the business. These two men operated the mill for many years. Neil Hutzell served as bookkeeper for many years.
In 1975, the ownership of the Mill passed to Nancy Voorhees Smith and the operators of the Mill were Don and Eugene Gutridge.
In 2003, the building was purchased by Brezina Design and Construction Services, renovating the building for their offices.
Erected 2003 by Greater Buckeye Lake Historical Society.
Marker series. This marker is included in the The Historic National Road marker series.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hebron OH 43025, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hebron Mill (here, next to this marker); Hebron (within shouting distance of this marker); Hebron Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.6 miles away); a different marker also named Hebron (approx. 0.8 miles away); Buckeye Lake Park (approx. 2.1 miles away); Buckeye Lake Amusement Park (approx. 2.1 miles away); Buckeye Lake (approx. 2.3 miles away); Dawes Arboretum Hedge (approx. 3.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hebron.
Additional keywords. National Road.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings • Roads & Vehicles • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 26, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 782 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 26, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.