Near Bedford in Bedford County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Bedford Springs Historic District
The grounds at Bedford Springs included the “Springs Circuit,” a trail that linked the seven mineral springs and traversed the trout waters of Shober's Run, a tributary of the Juniata River. The resort's golf course, developed c.1896 by Spencer Oldham, was later renovated by A. W. Tillinghast in 1912 and Donald Ross in 1923.
Erected by Bedford Springs Resort.
Location. 39° 59.765′ N, 78° 30.427′ W. Marker Touch for map. Marker is near the foot of the pedestrian bridge over Route 220. Marker is in this post office area: Bedford PA 15522, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bedford Springs (within shouting distance of this marker); Bedford County Courthouse (approx. 1.5 miles away); Bedford County Vietnam Veterans Memorial (approx. 1.5 miles away); The Elm Tree Memorial (approx. 1.5 miles away); Bedford County (approx. 1.5 miles away); The Squares (approx. 1.5 miles away); Bedford County Veterans Memorial (approx. 1.5 miles away); Bedford County Civil War Monument (approx. 1.5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bedford.
Categories. • Natural Features • Notable Buildings • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 30, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 773 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 30, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.