Chillicothe in Ross County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Site of Ohio's First Statehouse
Erected 2000 by Ohio Bicentennial Commission, The Longaberger Company, Chillicothe & Ross County 2003 Commission of Chillicothe's Bicentennial Commission, Ross County Historical Society, and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 3-71.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection marker series.
Location. 39° 19.998′ Touch for map. Marker is at southeast corner of courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Chillicothe OH 45601, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Court House Renovation (within shouting distance of this marker); Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of Ohio (within shouting distance of this marker); Donald E. McHenry (within shouting distance of this marker); A Replica of Ohio's First Capitol (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Historic Site in Journalism (about 500 feet away); The Chillicothe Gazette (about 500 feet away); Banking Crisis of 1819 (about 500 feet away); Scioto Lodge No. 6 F. & A. M. (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chillicothe.
Categories. • Government • Native Americans • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons • Political Subdivisions • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 24, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 803 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 24, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.