Blackshear in Pierce County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Confederate Prison Camp
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 113-2.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 18.963′ N, 82° 14.962′ W. Marker is in Blackshear, Georgia, in Pierce County. Marker is on Blackshear Highway (Georgia Route 203) west of Moore Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Located approximately ¼ of a mile southwest of Blackshear Elementary School. Marker is near Confederate Road. Marker is in this post office area: Blackshear GA 31516, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Pierce County (approx. ¾ mile General Blackshear's Military Road (approx. 0.9 miles away); Okefenokee Swamp (approx. 9.2 miles away); Ware Court House (approx. 9.4 miles away); Senator Nicholas Ware (approx. 9.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Blackshear.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 2, 2007, by John Walker Guss of Hillsborough, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 2,994 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 2, 2007, by John Walker Guss of Hillsborough, North Carolina. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.