Richmond, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
The Confederate Soldiers
the Confederate Soldiers
who in defense of Richmond
gave their lives on the Battlefields
of Henrico County
1861 - 1865
Placed by Lee Chapter No. 123
United Daughters of the Confederacy
Erected 1948 by United Daughters of the Confederacy.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 37° 31.842′ N, 77° 25.449′ W. Marker is in Richmond, Virginia. Marker is at the intersection of East Main Street and South 22nd Street, on the right when traveling east on East Main Street. Touch for map. This marker is located in front of the Old Henrico County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2127 East Main Street, Richmond VA 23223, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. City of Richmond Bicentennial (here, next to this marker); Franklin Street Burying Grounds (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Early Quakers in Richmond (about 700 feet away); Libby Prison (about 700 feet away); The Oldest House Libby Prison CSA (about 800 feet away); Richmond Hill (approx. 0.2 miles away); Historic Shockoe Valley (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Richmond.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 21, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 872 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 21, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.