Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Ringoes in Hunterdon County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Landis House

 
 
Landis House image. Click for full size.
By Alan Edelson, February 14, 2009
1. Landis House
Inscription. Built 1750 by Henry Landis. Lafayette stayed here while a patient of Dr. Gershom Craven.
 
Erected by Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the New Jersey, Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission marker series.
 
Location. 40° 25.81′ N, 74° 52.016′ W. Marker is in Ringoes, New Jersey, in Hunterdon County. Marker is on Old York Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ringoes NJ 08551, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ringo's Tavern (within shouting distance of this marker); Academy af Arts & Science (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old York Road (approx. 0.2 miles away); East Amwell Veterans Honor Roll (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of St. Andrew's Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); East Amwell Veterans (approx. 0.4 miles away); Steam Era Signal & Switchstand (approx. 0.4 miles away); Amwell Academy (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ringoes.
 
Categories. Colonial EraNotable PersonsWar, US Revolutionary
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 4, 2009, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,359 times since then and 80 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on March 4, 2009, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement