Near Marietta in Cobb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Sandtown Road
Erected 1952 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 033-4.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 57.249′ N, 84° 39.209′ W. Marker is near Marietta, Georgia, in Cobb County. Marker is at the intersection of Due West Road NW and Dallas Highway SW (Georgia Route 120), on the right when traveling north on Due West Road NW. Touch for map. Marker is at the edge of a bank parking lot. Marker is in this post office area: Marietta GA 30064, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Darby Plantation ( approx. ¼ mile away); Green Plantation ( approx. half a mile away); Mud Creek Line ( approx. 1.2 miles away); Military Action at Gilgal Church ( approx. 1.2 miles away); Due West Community ( approx. 1.2 miles away); Battle of Gilgal Church ( approx. 1.3 miles away); Battle of Pine Knob ( approx. 1.4 miles away); Main Confederate Battle Line ( approx. 1.5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marietta.
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 5, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,041 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 5, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.