Madison in Madison County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Wardlaw-Smith House
Erected 1972 by The Madison Rotary Club and Department of State. (Marker Number F-196.)
Location. 30° 28.171′ N, 83° 24.925′ W. Marker is in Madison, Florida, in Madison County. Marker is on West Base Street (U.S. 90), on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Located about 20' east of "Wardlaw-Smith-Goza Conference Center" marker. Marker is in this post office area: Madison FL 32340, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wardlaw-Smith-Goza Conference Center (a few steps from this marker); Pioneer Hickstown Baptist Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Baptist Church 1898 Sanctuary St. Mary's Episcopal Church (about 600 feet away); Dial-Goza House (approx. 0.2 miles away); W.T. Davis Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Ellaville Post Office (approx. half a mile away); Steam Engine of the Florida Manufacturing Company (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Madison.
Also see . . . The Wardlaw-Smith House. (Submitted on April 7, 2009, by Julie Szabo of Oldsmar, Florida.)
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 7, 2009, by Julie Szabo of Oldsmar, Florida. This page has been viewed 2,369 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 7, 2009, by Julie Szabo of Oldsmar, Florida. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.