Fort Recovery in Mercer County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Greene Ville Treaty Line
Surveyed by Israel Ludlow, 1797-1799
When found in 1934 Ludlow's black walnut stake was 42 inches underground. It is now on exhibit at the Fort Recovery Museum.
Erected 1961 by The Fort Recovery Historical Society.
Location. 40° 24.864′ N, 84° 46.829′ W. Marker is in Fort Recovery, Ohio, in Mercer County. Marker can be reached from Fort Site Street 0 miles west of West Boundary Street. Touch for map. This historical marker is located at the Ohio Historical Society's Fort Recovery State Memorial, right behind the north blockhouse of the reproduction of Fort Recovery. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Recovery OH 45846, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Strong, tall, redheaded Nance (a few steps from this marker); Battle of Fort Recovery St. Clair's Defeat (within shouting distance of this marker); Sha'anoe Warrior Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Wayne's Victory (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named St. Clair's Defeat (about 300 feet away); Gen. Richard Butler (about 500 feet away); Pioneer Cemetery (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Recovery.
Also see . . .
1. Treaty of Greeneville (1795) (Transcript). This link is published and made available by, "Ohio History Central," an online encyclopedia of Ohio History. (Submitted on June 26, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
2. Greenville Treaty Line - Markers already in HMDB::. (Submitted on September 24, 2014.)
Categories. • Landmarks • Military • Native Americans • Peace • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 26, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,100 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on June 26, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.