Mount Pleasant in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Braddock's Military Road 1755
Erected 2005 by Mount Pleasant Rotary Club.
Location. 40° 9.194′ N, 79° 33.038′ W. Marker is in Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania, in Westmoreland County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (Pennsylvania Route 31) and Braddock Road Avenue (Pennsylvania Route 981), on the right when traveling west on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is next to the Mount Pleasant Church of God. Marker is at or near this postal address: 936 West Main Street, Mount Pleasant PA 15666, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. General Edward Braddock and His Army (within shouting distance of this marker); Henry Clay Frick (approx. 0.3 miles away); First General Conference of the United Brethren in Christ (approx. 0.4 miles away); Mount Pleasant War Memorial (approx. half a mile away); John W. Geary Mount Pleasant Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.6 miles away); Morewood Massacre (approx. 0.8 miles away); Standard Shaft Mine and Coke Works (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mount Pleasant.
Categories. • Colonial Era • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 19, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,055 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 19, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.