Whitesville in Harris County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 072-11.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 49.075′ N, 85° 1.914′ W. Marker is in Whitesville, Georgia, in Harris County. Marker is at the intersection of Whitesville Road (Georgia Route 219) and Pine Lake Road, on the left when traveling south on Whitesville Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pine Mountain GA 31822, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Whitesville Methodist Episcopal Church, South (approx. ¼ mile away); Sunnyside School, Midway Baptist Church and Midway Cemetery Historic District (approx. 2.8 miles away); Jones Crossroads (approx. 3.6 miles away); Langdale Veterans Memorial (approx. 8.1 miles away in Alabama); West Point Manufacturing Company (approx. 8.1 miles away in Alabama); Mountain Hill District Consolidated School (approx. 8.4 miles away); Tenth Street School (approx. 9 miles away); Armed Forces Tribute (approx. 9.1 miles away in Alabama). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Whitesville.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 23, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 820 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on July 23, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on September 20, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.