Abington in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Reverend Samuel Finley
1715 - 1766
An original corporator of the
Presbyterian Ministers Fund,
oldest insurance company in the world.
Here also rest the remains of
The Reverend Samuel Finley
Fifth President of
Born in Armagh, Ireland
in the year 1715
Died July 16th 1766
Erected by Abington Presbyterian Church.
Location. 40° 6.846′ N, 75° 7.312′ W. Marker is in Abington, Pennsylvania, in Montgomery County. Touch for map. Marker and grave are in Abington Presbyterian Church Cemetery, near the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission marker adjacent to the Old York Road (PA Route 611) entrance. Cemetery is bounded to the north by Susquehanna Road (PA Route 2017). Marker is in this post office area: Abington PA 19001, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Abington Presbyterian Church Cemetery (here, next to this marker); Revolutionary War Patriots Buried in the Abington Presbyterian Church Graveyard (a few steps from this marker); Abington District World War I Memorial (within shouting distance Old Abington Church and Graveyard (within shouting distance of this marker); Willow Grove United Methodist Church, 1889 (approx. 2 miles away); The Fountain House Inn, 1717 (approx. 2 miles away); The Manor House, ca. 1719 (approx. 2.1 miles away); Memorial Hall, 1925 (approx. 2.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Abington.
Also see . . . Rev. Samuel Finley. (Submitted on October 15, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Charity & Public Work • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 15, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 637 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 15, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.