Winchester, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Revolutionary War Soldiers in Mt. Hebron Cemetery
The following soldiers who served in the Revolutionary War are buried within this enclosure:
Major-General Daniel Morgan
Major-General John Smith
Brigadier-General James Singleton
Brigadier-General Daniel Roberdeau
Colonel Henry Beatty
Colonel Charles A. Magill
Major Peter Helphinstine
Major Josiah Massie
Captain William Ball
Captain Michael Coyle
Captain Basil Lucas
Captain Edward Smith
Captain Peter Rust
Captain Robert White
Surgeon Frederick Seigle
Surgeon Cornelius Baldwin
Surgeon George Jacob Troutwine
Chaplain Christian Streit
John Baker - Charles Grim
John Grim - Conrad Kramer
Adam Kurtz - Peter Lauck
Simon Lauck - John Schultz
George Snapp - Jacob Sperry
Erected by the Fort Loudoun Chapter
Daughters of the American Revolution 1937
Erected 1937 by Fort Loudoun Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 39° 10.975′ N, 78° 9.632′ W. Marker is in Winchester, Virginia Touch for map. Located in the Lutheran Church section of the Mt. Hebron Cemetery. Entrance to the Cemetery is at the intersection of Boscawen Street and East Lane. Marker is at or near this postal address: 305 East Boscawen Street, Winchester VA 22601, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lutheran Pioneers (within shouting distance of this marker); Original Land Grant (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Third Battle of Winchester (approx. 0.2 miles away); North Carolina Confederate Dead (approx. 0.2 miles away); South Carolina (approx. 0.2 miles away); Jacob Baker Lot And Virginia City Addition (approx. 0.2 miles away); Virginia (approx. 0.2 miles away); Admiral Richard Evelyn Byrd (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Winchester.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 24, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 2,086 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 24, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. 3. submitted on January 13, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.