Ellaville in Schley County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
First county officers were: Ordinary Wm. J. May, Clerk Hiram L. French, Sheriff A.J. Womach, Tax Receiver Henry Scarborough, Tax Collect Henry D. Holt, Coroner Ben T. Smith, Representative Seaborn Hixon, State Senator Charles Edwards, Inferior Court Judges Johnson Springer, Jas. Murray, Robt. Burton, G.W. Johnson, R.W. Wilkinson.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 123-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 14.265′ N, 84° 18.534′ W. Marker is in Ellaville, Georgia, in Schley County. Marker is on South Broad Street (U.S. 19) 0 miles south of Oglethorpe Street (Georgia Route 26), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. The marker is located adjacent to the Schley County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Ellaville GA 31806, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this Pond Town (approx. 0.4 miles away); Mt. Zion Lutheran Church (approx. 9.1 miles away); Captain Henry Wirz (approx. 10.3 miles away); Wirz Monument (approx. 10.3 miles away); Andersonville / Father Peter Whelan (approx. 10.4 miles away); Camp Sumter Confederate Prison Site (approx. 10.6 miles away); Grave Markers (approx. 10.6 miles away); The Raiders' Graves (approx. 10.6 miles away).
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Government • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 1, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 562 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 1, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.