Near Buena Vista in Marion County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 098-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 28.691′ N, 84° 32.647′ W. Marker is near Buena Vista, Georgia, in Marion County. Marker is on Georgia Route 41 0 miles north of Fort Perry Road (County Route 49), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6185 GA Highway 41, Buena Vista GA 31803, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Federal Road (a few steps from this marker); William Bartram Trail (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Courthouse – 1848 (approx. 9.1 miles away); New Courthouse - 1850 (approx. 11.2 miles away); 1831 Talbotton United Methodist Church (approx. 13.5 miles away); a different marker also named William Bartram Trail (approx. 13.6 miles away); Zion Episcopal Church (approx. 13.6 miles away); First Session Supreme Court of Georgia (approx. 13.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Buena Vista.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Forts, Castles • Native Americans • War of 1812 • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 7, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,486 times since then and 72 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 7, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.