Stroudsburg in Monroe County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1967 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 40° 59.058′ N, 75° 11.877′ W. Marker is in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, in Monroe County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (U.S. 209) and 9th Street, on the right when traveling south on Main Street. Touch for map. On the northwest corner of the intersection, next to the Straub house. Marker is at or near this postal address: 901 Main Street, Stroudsburg PA 18360, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Fort Hamilton (here, next to this marker); Stroud Mansion (within shouting distance of this marker); Monroe County (approx. ¼ mile away); Jacob Stroud (approx. ¼ mile away); A. Mitchell Palmer (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stroudsburg.
More about this marker. This marker replaced the original PHMC marker that read, "Built in 1756 by the Province of Pennsylvania, and garrisoned
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 13, 2005, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,794 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 13, 2005.