Atlanta in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Wood’s Div. 4th Corps
This was a part of the general movement on Atlanta by Federal forces from the N. & E. which had begun at the upper Chattahoochee River crossings July 17. Wood advanced from this position in the general move toward Atlanta, early the 22d, where he occupied a sector of the line from which siege operations were carried on until terminated Sept. 2, by the surrender of the city.
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-75.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 48.086′ N, 84° 22.041′ W. Marker is in Atlanta, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of Piedmont Road NE (Georgia Route 237) and East Pelham Road NE, on the right when traveling north on Piedmont Road NE. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Atlanta GA 30324, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bate’s Division (approx. 0.7 The Saga of Gold Tooth John (approx. 0.7 miles away); Stevenson's Division (approx. 0.7 miles away); Stanley’s & Wood’s Sector (approx. one mile away); Cheatham's Salient (approx. 1.1 miles away); Habersham Memorial Hall (approx. 1.1 miles away); Second Oldest D.A.R. Chapter (approx. 1.2 miles away); Land Lot 104 (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Atlanta.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 21, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 931 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on March 21, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.