Stroudsburg in Monroe County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1930 by Pennsylvania Historic Commission and The Monroe County Historical Society.
Location. 40° 59.058′ N, 75° 11.877′ W. Marker is in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, in Monroe County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (U.S. 209) and 9th Street, on the left when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 901 Main Street, Stroudsburg PA 18360, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Fort Hamilton ( here, next to this marker); Stroud Mansion ( within shouting distance of this marker); Monroe County ( approx. ¼ mile away); Jacob Stroud A. Mitchell Palmer ( approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stroudsburg.
More about this marker. The marker is affixed to the Stroud House, now occupied by the Monroe County Historical Society. It is on the right corner of the house facing Main St.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 13, 2005, by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page has been viewed 2,093 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 13, 2005.