Marietta in Cobb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 033-107.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 56.816′ N, 84° 33.01′ W. Marker is in Marietta, Georgia, in Cobb County. Marker is at the intersection of Powder Springs Road (Georgia Route 360) and South Marietta Parkway (Georgia Route 120), on the right when traveling north on Powder Springs Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Marietta GA 30060, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Confederate Cemetery U.D.C. Confederate Soldiers Monument (about 500 feet away); Slave Lot (about 600 feet away); S. V. Sanford (about 600 feet away); This Little Cannon (about 600 feet away); Founder's Lot William Harris (about 700 feet away); Rest well, Miss Mattie (about 700 feet away); William Root (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marietta.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 15, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 955 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on April 15, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 9. submitted on June 10, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.