Pelham in Westchester County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Old Boston Road
New York City to Boston
First traveled by a post rider Jan. 13, 1673
making the round trip in one month.
First stage route established in 1732.
Site of British encampment
Battle of Pelham Oct. 18, 1776.
Erected 1930 by National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, Knapp Chapter, Pelham Manor, County of Westchester, State of New York.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 54.169′ N, 73° 48.805′ W. Marker is in Pelham, New York, in Westchester County. Marker is at the intersection of Colonial Avenue and Wolfs Lane, on the right when traveling west on Colonial Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is on the grounds of Pelham Memorial High School. Marker is in this post office area: Pelham NY 10803, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Colonel Philip Pell (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); “Pelham Dale” (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gloverís Brigade Encampment (approx. ľ mile away); This Mile Stone Battle of Pelham (approx. 0.9 miles away); Patriots of the American Revolution (approx. 0.9 miles away); St. Paulís Church, Eastchester (approx. 0.9 miles away); Saint Paulís Protestant Episcopal Church (approx. 0.9 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. Old Boston Post Road Marker. Historic Pelham website. (Submitted on June 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
2. The Battle of Pellís Point. The American Revolutionary War website. (Submitted on June 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Roads & Vehicles • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 696 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on June 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.