Hampton, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Hampton Confederate Monument
Hampton Chapter, No.19
Daughters of the
Unveiled Oct. 29, 1901
Erected 1901 by Daughters of the Confederacy.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 37° 1.548′ N, 76° 20.809′ W. Marker is in Hampton, Virginia. Marker can be reached from the intersection of West Queens Way and High Court Lane. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hampton VA 23669, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Virginia Laydon (a few steps from this marker); St. John's Church (a few steps from this marker); Elizabeth City Parish (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named St. Johnís Church (within shouting distance of this marker); The Courthouse (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Hampton Courthouse (about 700 feet away); McDowell's Inn (about 800 feet away); Hampton Baptist Church (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hampton.
Categories. • 20th Century • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 11, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 1, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 650 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 1, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.