Staten Island in Richmond County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Relatives of Elizabeth Bayley Seton
Elizabeth Bayley Seton who are buried in this churchyard
Reverend Richard Charlon, D.D.
Rector of St. Andrew’s Church from 1747 until is death in 1777.
Mary Bayeux Charlton,
Wife of Reverend Richard Charlton, date of death unknown.
Dr. Richard Bayley,
Distinguished Physician, first officer of the Port of New York. Died 1801.
Catherine Charlton Bayley,
Mary Bayley Post,
Erected by Sisters of Charity, Mount Saint Vincent on Hudson, New York,
in honor of their foundress, venerable Mother Elizabeth Bayley Seton.
Erected by Sisters of Charity, Mount Saint Vincent on Hudson, NY.
Location. 40° 34.372′ N, 74° 8.833′ W. Marker is in Staten Island, New York, in Richmond County. Marker is at the intersection of Old Mill Road and Arthur Kill Road, on the left when traveling west on Old Mill Road. Touch for map. Marker is on the south side of Saint Andrew's Church. Marker is at or near this postal address: 40 Old Mill Road, Staten Island NY 10307, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance Patriots under Gen. Mercer (here, next to this marker); Church of St. Andrew (here, next to this marker); Church of Saint Andrew (a few steps from this marker); St. Andrew’s Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of 18th century structures (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Christopher House (about 300 feet away); Historic Richmondtown (about 700 feet away); Rezeau-Van Pelt Family Cemetery (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Staten Island.
Also see . . .
1. Biography of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton. Emmitsburg Area Historical Society. (Submitted on September 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
2. The Church of St. Andrew website. (Submitted on September 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 649 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.