Fort Washington in Prince George's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Prince Georgeís County - St. Johnís Church
Erected 1932 by St. John's Church Congregation.
Marker series. This marker is included in the George Washington Slept Here marker series.
Location. 38° 45.399′ N, 77° 0.013′ W. Marker is in Fort Washington, Maryland, in Prince George's County. Marker is on Broad Creek Church Road 0.1 miles south of Oxon Hill Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is on the grounds of the church. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Washington MD 20744, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Broad Creek Historic District (approx. 0.9 miles away); Site of Silesia School (approx. 1.3 miles away); Fort Foote (approx. 1.6 miles away); “Coach” James W. Crawford (approx. 1.7 miles away); a different marker also named Fort Foote (approx. 1.7 miles away); King's Depression Carriage (approx. 1.7 miles away); Northwest Bastion (approx. 1.7 miles away); 15-inch Rodman Smoothbore (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Washington.
Also see . . . History of St. John's Episcopal Church – Broad Creek (Submitted on December 9, 2007, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 18, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,947 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on November 18, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. 2. submitted on December 18, 2007, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. 3. submitted on November 18, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.