Windsor in Essex County, Ontario — Central Canada
Was erected in
By the Jesuit
— • —
Was re-enacted at the Old Boys re union Aug., 1909
Re-enacted and this permanent cross erected by the
Border Cities Old Boys in Aug., 1922
Erected 1922 by Border Cities Old Boys.
Location. 42° 18.551′ N, 83° 4.277′ W. Marker is in Windsor, Ontario, in Essex County. Marker is at the intersection of Riverside Drive West and Huron Church Road on Riverside Drive West. Touch for map. This historical marker is located on the south side of the Detroit River, in Odette, Sculpture Park, just east of the nearby Ambassador Bridge and within easy vision of the "Jesuit Mission to the Hurons," historical marker. Marker is in this post office area: Windsor, Ontario N9C, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Jesuit Mission to the Hurons (within shouting distance of this marker); Montreal Point in 1782 (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Ste. Anne Church (approx. 1.4 kilometers away in the U.S.); Gabriel Richard (approx. 1.4 kilometers away in the U.S.); Fort Wayne (approx. 2.4 kilometers away in the U.S.); Fort Street Presbyterian Church (approx. 2.5 kilometers away in the U.S.); The Battle of Windsor - 1838 (approx. 2.6 kilometers away); The Detroit Free Press (approx. 2.6 kilometers away in the U.S.). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Windsor.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 3, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 845 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on November 3, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.