Murphys in Calaveras County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 1937 by Ruby Parlor No. 46, Native Daughters of the Golden West, Chispa Parlor No. 139, Native Sons of the Golden West. (Marker Number 275.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 38° 8.252′ N, 120° 27.714′ W. Marker is in Murphys, California, in Calaveras County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Jones Street on Main Street. Touch for map. Bronze plaque placed on granite & quartz pedistal at center of intersection. Marker is at or near this postal address: Main Street, Murphys CA 95247, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Murphy Brothers (within shouting distance of this marker); Stangetti – Solari – Cademartori Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Albert A. Michelson (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Masonic Hall (about 400 feet away); Native Sons of the Golden West (about 600 feet away); Old Segale Building (about 700 feet away); Valente Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dunbar House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Murphys.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Landmarks • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 30, 2007, by Mathew H. Kohnen of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 2,406 times since then and 64 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on April 30, 2008, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. 2. submitted on January 11, 2008, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. 3, 4. submitted on May 2, 2009. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.