Cochran in Bleckley County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
At the Ogeechee, the trail connected with various paths leading from former Uchee settlements on the middle Savannah River.
The route was opened around 1729 when the Uchees began removing to the town on the Chattahoochee River. This way paralleled another trail to the northward which was known as the Upper Uchee Path.
Erected 1961 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 012-4.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 23.561′ N, 83° 20.846′ W. Marker is in Cochran, Georgia, in Bleckley County. Marker is on Dykes Street SE (Georgia Route 26) north of 8th Street SE, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Cochran GA 31014, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow In Memory of Perry L. Johnson (approx. 0.6 miles away); Lucian A. Whipple (approx. 0.6 miles away); Sgt. John F. Conner, Sr. (approx. 0.6 miles away); Dedicated to the Memory of James (Jim) Earnest Cook (approx. 0.6 miles away); Bleckley County (approx. 0.6 miles away); Evergreen Baptist Church (approx. 4.6 miles away); Longstreet Methodist Church (approx. 6.5 miles away); Old Hartford (approx. 9.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cochran.
Categories. • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 13, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 764 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 13, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.