Grand Rapids in Wood County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Howard Cemetery
WPA workers leveled the ground and relocated many graves in 1938. The Howard Cemetery is now owned and maintained by the Village of Grand Rapids.
Erected 1980 by Grand Rapids Historical Society, The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 5-87.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection marker series.
Location. 41° 24.776′ N, 83° 51.84′ W. Marker is in Grand Rapids, Ohio, in Wood County. Marker is at the intersection of Front Street (Ohio Route 65) and Wapakonta Street (Ohio Route 65) on Front Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Grand Rapids OH 43522, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Grand Rapids (within shouting distance of this marker); Dominick Labino (approx. 0.2 miles away); Miami & Erie Canal (approx. 0.4 miles away); Providence Historical District (approx. 0.6 miles away); James Durbin (approx. 4.3 miles away); Oak Tree (approx. 5.4 miles away); Wood County's First Masonic Lodge (approx. 6.3 miles away); Custer Homestead (approx. 6½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Grand Rapids.
Also see . . . Official Webpage of the Village of Grand Rapids. (Submitted on December 7, 2007, by Christopher Light of Valparaiso, Indiana.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Native Americans • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 7, 2007, by Christopher Light of Valparaiso, Indiana. This page has been viewed 1,092 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 7, 2007, by Christopher Light of Valparaiso, Indiana. 6, 7. submitted on April 21, 2011, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.