Port Huron in Saint Clair County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Fort Saint Joseph
Erected 1957 by Michigan Historical Commission. (Marker Number S0080.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Michigan Historical Commission marker series.
Location. 43° 0.13′ N, 82° 25.652′ W. Marker is in Port Huron, Michigan, in Saint Clair County. Marker is on Gratiot Avenue just north of Church Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Located in Gratiot Park. Marker is in this post office area: Port Huron MI 48060, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Methodist Episcopal Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Great Storm of 1913 and Sailors Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); The "John S. Martin" (approx. 0.2 miles away); Tom Edison at Grand Trunk Native Americans (approx. ¼ mile away); Immigration (approx. ¼ mile away); Ships on the St. Clair (approx. ¼ mile away); Bridging the Blue Waters (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Huron.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles • Settlements & Settlers • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 27, 2011. This page has been viewed 604 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 27, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 3. submitted on August 4, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Clear weather photos. • Can you help?