Tybee Island in Chatham County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
This Memorial Commemorates The Act Of...
Erected by The Savannah Chapter United Daughters Of The Confederacy October 9, 1938
Erected 1938 by The Savannah Chapter United Daughters Of The Confederacy.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 32° 1.656′ N, 80° 53.407′ W. Marker is in Tybee Island, Georgia, in Chatham County. Marker can be reached from Ft Pulaski Drive, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. 15 Miles East of Savannah, off Islands Expressway (US 80 East). Marker is in this post office area: Tybee Island GA 31328, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Hot Shot Furnace (here, next to this marker); Model 1859 Seacoast Carriage (a few steps from this marker); Powder Magazine (within shouting distance 4.5 Inch Blakely Rifle (within shouting distance of this marker); The Parade (within shouting distance of this marker); Brooke Rifle (within shouting distance of this marker); German Volunteers (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Breached Wall (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tybee Island.
More about this marker. Inside Fort Pulaski at the northeast corner.
Also see . . . Battle of Fort Pulaski. National Park Service summary of the battle mentions the actions of Lieutenant Hussey and Private Latham. (Submitted on December 16, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 16, 2007, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,574 times since then. Photos: 1. submitted on December 16, 2007, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 2. submitted on January 28, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 3, 4. submitted on December 16, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.